This year, the administration is requiring ALL students to have a tryout card prior to participating as part of our sports teams. This means that all physical forms (all students) & concussion paperwork (new students) are to be turned into the athletic office before (or on) the first day of practice – NOT to the coaches.
In exchange for the necessary paperwork, students will receive a tryout card that is to be presented to their coach on the first day of practice. Along with the physical form, parents of incoming freshmen and new students must also sign and submit page 2 of the concussion form to receive a tryout card (link to concussion form).Coaches will not be accepting concussion or sports physical paperwork – just tryout cards.
Moreover, if the forms are not received or incorrectly filled out, the student cannot participate, so we encourage everyone to turn paperwork early to ensure there is no disruption in participation. For teams practicing off-campus (swim, golf, tennis), there will be a member of the athletic office staff at your practice sites 20 minutes before the start of the first practice/tryout collecting physicals and distributing cards. Students joining teams after the first day of practice need to clear paperwork with the athletic office. Click here for practice start times and dates.
Students will only receive a tryout cards if:
- The physical form has been signed by a doctor & parent dated on/or after April 15, 2016.
- Parents of incoming freshmen & new students must sign and submit Page 2 of the concussion form. This is not a requirement for returning students.
- Students have turned in all school owned athletic equipment from previous seasons.
- Academic record is in good standing
Students and parents can come by the athletic office to submit paperwork and pickup cards on the following dates and times.
- Wednesday, August 3, 7am-2pm. Tryout cards will be distributed during sports physicals in the gym from 6pm-8pm.
- Thursday August 4, 7am – 2pm
- Monday, August 8, 7am – 3:30pm
- Tuesday, August 9, 7am – 2pm
- Wednesday, August 10, 7am – 2pm
We hope to see you at our sports physicals on Wednesday, August 3 from 6-8pm. Thanks for your cooperation. Looking forward to a great school year!
The Athletic Department
Link to the MHSAA approved physical form (*Note the multiple signatures required in various locations- Dr. parent, student): http://www.mhsaa.com/portals/0/Documents/health%20safety/physical2page.pdf
Link to Concussion Form (New Students): https://goo.gl/4mGFWD.