Our annual Crim BE READY Bash is almost here…
…and it’s going to be better than ever! Please join us for our first Community Event of the 2016 – 2017 school year, as Northgate partners with Powers Catholic for our 4th ‘Be Ready ‘Bash. We are proud to sponsor the 8.5 Mile mark of the 40th Crim Festival of Races and hope to see you there!
What is the ‘Be Ready’ Bash? In the words of Jack Goggins, we want to ‘Be Ready’ for many things this school year and this event is the kickoff! Alumni, students, parents, friends, and family members of runners, our front lawn party and water station is a great place to see and cheer on all the race participants, meet new students and families, and show your support to the overall Flint and Genesee County Community. This is a great opportunity for locals and visitors to see what a great place Powers Catholic High School has here in Flint and how proud we are to be members of this community.
Who is invited? Everyone! We invite all our sport teams, students, family members, and alumni to come cheer on their classmates, friends, and family members who are participating in the Crim Festival of Races. Current Powers Catholic families, this is a great chance to earn your family volunteer hours! (see the link below to sign-up!)
Where: On the school front lawn bordering Miller Rd.
When: Set-up is Friday, August 26th
Race Day Bash is Saturday, August 27th
What else do I need to know?
- NEW THIS YEAR: PARKING FOR RACERS will be available at Powers Catholic with shuttle service to and from Kearsley and Beach Streets during designated times. Shuttles will run from 6:30 – 8:00 A.M. AND 10:00 – 12:00 PM.
- FOOD WILL BE SERVED: donuts and coffee for early morning volunteers and hot dogs and sloppy joes in the tent. Also, lots of water!
- ENTRANCE FOR PARKING: You MUST enter our campus through a side gate off Hammerburg Rd. by the softball field. Please know that all other entrances and roads will be blocked off by the State Police for the race course.
- WE NEED YOUR HELP: Coaches, Team Leaders, and Volunteers, please encourage your teams and friends to come help us support our racers at the water station! Students will receive service hours and current families can fulfill their volunteer hours.
- Running our water station is a lot of fun and there are a variety of jobs this year with which we need help. Set up is Friday late afternoon. Saturday includes helping with food, water, and clean up of our area and the overall area once the race is over. We will need extra people to help open cartons, break them down, pour water, and break down the water jugs and keep the recyclable materials separated.
- For more information on volunteer jobs and times, please follow this link: www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c48abab23a3f49-crim
We hope to see many of you on race day! WEAR YOUR SCHOOL COLORS AND SHOW YOUR SPIRIT!!!