Attention Powers Catholic Community –
Again this year, the administration is requiring ALL students to have a tryout card prior to participating as part of our sports teams. This means that all physical forms are to be turned into the athletic office before (or on) the first day of practice. In exchange for a properly filled out physical form, students will receive a tryout card that is to be presented to their coach on the first day of practice. Moreover, if a physical form is not received or incorrectly filled out, the student cannot participate, so we encourage everyone to turn physical forms in early to ensure there is no disruption in participation. For teams practicing off-campus (swim, golf, tennis), please be sure to get your tryout card at Powers before attending your first practice.
In short, students will only receive a tryout cards if:
- The physical form has been signed by a doctor & parent & athlete dated on/or after April 15, 2018. Please note that we require a parent signature regardless of athlete age.
- Students have turned in all school owned athletic equipment from previous seasons
- Academic record is in good standing
The Athletic Office will be hosting a Sports Physical Clinic on Wednesday, August 1st, 2018, from 6:00pm to 7:15pm, in the gym. Cost is $25 per physical. Tryout cards will also be distributed during this clinic.
Students and parents can come by the athletic office to submit paperwork and pickup cards on the following dates and times.
- Monday, July 30, 8am – 2pm
- Tuesday, July 31, 8am – 2pm
- Wednesday, August 1, 8am-2pm. Tryout cards will be distributed during sports physicals in the gym from 6pm-8pm.
- Thursday, August 2, 8am – 2pm
- Friday, August 3, 8am – 2pm
- Monday, August 6, 8am – 3pm
- Tuesday, August 7, 8am – 3pm
- Wednesday, August 8, 8am – 3pm
- Thursday, August 9, 8am – 2pm
If a student has already turned in his/her physical, he/she must still pickup a tryout card.
Here is a link to the MHSAA approved physical form (*Note the multiple signatures required in various locations- Dr. parent, student):
Also, please mark your calendars for our fall sports “Meet the Team” which will be held on Tuesday, August 21st, 2018, at 6:00pm.
Thanks for your cooperation. Looking forward to a great school year!
The Athletic Department