Fall sports begin the week of August 12th. First day of practice dates and times are listed below. All athletes must have a tryout card before they will be allowed to practice. Tryout cards may be picked up in the athletic office with submission of a completed physical form signed by doctor, parent, and athlete.
Tryout Cards Available in Athletic Office:
- Monday, Aug 5th – Friday, Aug 9th 8:00am – 2:00pm
- Monday, Aug 12th – Thurs, Aug 15th 8:00am – 3:00pm
Schedule for the First Day of Practice:
Monday, August 12th
- JV Football – 3:00pm weight room; 4:00pm-7:00pm practice @ Powers Catholic
- Varsity Football – 3:00pm weight room; 4:00pm-7:00pm practice @ Powers Catholic
- Cross Country (Boys & Girls) – 6:00pm @ Powers Catholic track (7:30am if leaving for cross country camp)
- Boys Soccer (JV & Varsity) – 9:00am-10:30am & 11:30am-1:00pm @ Powers Catholic Soccer field
- Boys Tennis (JV & Varsity) – 11:30am – 2:00pm @ Carman-Ainsworth HS Tennis Courts
Tuesday, August 13th
- Girls Golf (JV & Varsity) – 7:30am @ Flint Golf Club
Wednesday, August 14th
- Girls Swimming – 4:00pm – 6:00pm @ Carman-Ainsworth HS Pool
- Volleyball (all levels) – 12:30pm-2:00pm @ Powers Catholic Gym
The athletic office will be offering Sports Physicals on Thursday, August 1st, 2019, from 5:30pm – 7:30pm in the Powers Catholic gym, for any student in Grades K-12. Cost is $25 per student and a parent signature is required. Tryout cards will be available during this event with a completed physical form signed by doctor, parent, and athlete.
Link to the 2019-2020 Physical Form: https://www.mhsaa.com/portals/0/Documents/health%20safety/physical2page.pdf
Please note that any students with pre-existing physical ailments will not be able to participate in the sports physical night (broken arms, legs, etc.).
In order for a physical to be valid for the 2019/20 school year, the physical must be completed/dated after April 15th, 2019.