Powers Catholic Athletic Bus Protocol:
The following information is our bus protocol for team travel during the Covid – 19 period for our athletic teams.
Whenever athletic teams are traveling by bus to a game site either one way or two way the following protocols would apply.
• The bus will be disinfected at Powers prior to departure of any team
• All students and driver must wear masks at all times on the bus.
• There are 51 seats on a school bus and we will do the best we can to social distance students on a bus.
• Teams that infringe on getting close to the seating limits, when possible we will consider taking a second bus
• Hand sanitizer will be available on the buses.
• Once the bus arrives at the game site destination, busses will again be disinfected prior to teams getting back on the bus if it is a two way bus.
• * If parents are not comfortable with our athletic bus protocol – The parent should inform the head coach of the sport and the parent would be welcome to transport their child to the athletic event.
• We encourage that students do not drive themselves to our athletic events unless our athletic administrative assistant Jenifer Freel or Athletic Director Mike Watson are contacted by a parent.